Monday, November 2, 2015

Update

Here it is Nov. 2nd 2015 and our move has been put on hold.

Instead of retiring right now, we have taken on a huge project. 

We are starting a Non-Profit Organization to enrich the lives of people who are losing or have lost their vision. There aren't any comprehensive training centers in our State or region. There are programs, services and organizations available to help the visually impaired, but not all under one roof. We will be working with all of these organizations and expand on what they do to help individuals to live independently.

I will keep Lil Baby Thangs going but in a reduced capacity. 

Thank you for your continued support!
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Hoping things are going well for you! Just finished my first pair of TV Booties, and they came out GREAT! Just need to do a bit of tweeking so they are free of puckers (got a couple). :-) Question... Do you know why they are called TV or Terra Verde?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were able to have great success with your first pair. Stretching the toe and heel areas as you sew and using a lot of pins (removed just before you sew over them) helps to prevent puckering especially when using woven fabric.
      My pattern is based on a bootie from the 1970's that was called "TV Booties". I could never find any information on why they were called that. I named my pattern Terra Verde (Green Earth) to separate them, but also so I could include TV for people who recognise the type of bootie.

      Delete